Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Did anybody take there car back for the 1000 mile check or 4 week check from the dealer. Just found out about it yesterday. Going to book it tomorrow

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went down to get some info for another car and was told about it. Going to call them
Tomorrow and check it needs doing. Ill let you know what the service desk says

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Yes, it needs doing - not had out ours done yet but is booked in for next week. 2 reasons - one it could invalidate your warranty if it's not done and second as a new car it is always worth it being checked over. This is to make sure seals are functioning ok and no leaks etc from bad fitting in the manufacturing process. This has been standard procedure on all our new peugeots and really surprised dealer did not mention it. Ours would have hadbeen booked in before we left when we picked it upbut the service department was clsoed when we picked car up so couldn't.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
We've had both of ours done over the last couple of weeks.... It takes about 45-60 minutes and is free of charge.. Perrys of Bolton even washed and vacumed ours for us :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, I had mine done last week. The dealer actually booked my check when I picked up the car. Like Mikeyuk says, it takes less than an hour and is free of charge.

They didn't clean mine though!

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
A9YJW said:
I went down to get some info for another car and was told about it. Going to call them
Tomorrow and check it needs doing. Ill let you know what the service desk says
I'm surprised you didn't know about this as your RCZ would have been the same.... I think it's pretty much standard across all new cars sold

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RCZ was nearly new so didn't come across this but came across a load of issues on my rcz.
Calling the dealer this morning to get it looked at. Don't want to invalidate that warenty.
Found one issue my 208 runs at over 90 temp is that normal? Never seen it before on any other car.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
We to had loads of issues with the RCZ hence the reason it went

Both our 208's run at just over 90 and I think this seems pretty normal for the model .

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
It was just starting to be an issue when we traded it in . The list was endless with the other problems we had with it :-0

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
We love ours... People can't understand how we could get rid of the RCZ for 208's, and don't believe me when I say how much better the 208 is compared
We've had 207's , 207 cc's and a 308 as well as the RCZ and the 208 is built like Rolls compared to the previous models

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Me too! The RCZ was OK, not much went wrong with mine, but I could never find a comfitable driving position. The 208 is just so much better to drive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your lucky nothing went wrong with yours. I never had an issue with driving position on the RCZ. But I am on the 208 just don't seem to be sat low enough for me but I guess will take time to get used to driving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Naughty, naughty.

All dealers should mention this before delivery of the new car.
I believe this is a requirement by Peugeot.
Mine did, and it's going in next week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts