FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Peugeot 208 forum! Please introduce yourself in our Newbies Forum, post anything about your order in the Order forum, or for general chat - use the Main Message Centre.

TomTom Map Updates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ajc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TomTom Map Updates
    Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 7:03pm
Just bought a 208 Prestige GTi. The mapping is dated July 2016. Does any one know where to go to download the map updates and then load them into the car? The car comes with free updates, 4 a year, but the my Peugeot Dealer does not know how the updates are delivered.
Sponsored Links

hoagy_ytfc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoagy_ytfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 8:04pm
In theory, they're delivered via your my-peugeot account if you set one up.  Trouble is, although it tells me I have an update, when I try to download it it always says that I've already done so and refuses to let me get it again :(
ajc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 8:08pm
I do have a My-Peugeot account but it says nothing about any updates.
Toxic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toxic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:54pm
This is a same type of case with the 3008 and map updates. the UK Peugeot website should have the maps available and software too.  On the peugeot forums on the 3008 model UK users can goto the Peugeot.ie site and download the updates once you put your VIN number in.  I've not tried it with a 208 however. but works for other models.

Webslinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 3:22am
My dealer installed my updates for me
hoagy_ytfc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoagy_ytfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:23am
Yay, that link from "Toxic" got it for me.

I went to the mypeugeot site first, but it failed to download, and when I retried it said I had already downloaded it and wouldn't give me another go! Even after deleting cookies etc. It had obviously associated that info with my login. Which is daft, given that it's DRM keyed to a VIN, there's no rationale for not letting me download it as often as I feel like.

Car manufacturers just don't GET tech.  I can't wait for a proper tech company to oust the complacent incumbents, as happened with phones etc.

Scotzman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 10:21am
Thanks..., just updated mine this morning, word of warning, it takes ages, didn't time it but it must have been a good 1.5 hrs to do the firmware and map and the car has to be running all this time.
Toxic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toxic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 1:21pm
hoagy_ytfc, glad you got it working.

My 2016 GTI map updates link on mypeugeot.com has disappeared. there is no Map Updates link anymore.

yet my Partners GTI account has the link. the cars are identical and 1 month difference in registration.

What annoys me more the new Tomtom updates for our new 3008 are not available from peugeot.co.uk,  yet if you goto peugeot.fr or peugeot.ie you can get the map updates and Infotainment software without any issues.

Scotzman, yep the old maps for the SMEG+IV2 took forever - to do the whole of EU was a few hours.

the 3008 takes no more than 45 mins for the whole of EU and 30 mins for the software.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic