FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Peugeot 208 forum! Please introduce yourself in our Newbies Forum, post anything about your order in the Order forum, or for general chat - use the Main Message Centre.

TMSR Induction kit noises

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
andyb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TMSR Induction kit noises
    Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 9:29am
Not sure if this is right section to post..

I have the TMSR induction kit fitted to my Gti euro 5 but i can hear what sounds like a hissing noise with another rattly type noise when i accelerate away and lift off, I removed the kit all together and fitted stock filter back and the noise had gone, week later i re-fitted the TMSR kit and noise returned.
Is this a normal sound? It sounds alarming in the cabin almost like the turbo compressor wheel is loose, but that is ok as i have checked it also I have double checked all fittings and they are ok.
I have a Forge BOV and the new intake scoop fitted with engine left at stock map no errors pop up on dash.

Any info is appreciated. Smile
Sponsored Links

Comkotes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Comkotes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 5:01pm
The stock airbox has a lot of sound surpression and as you can see for a driver/family friendly reason. These are channels made into the top of most stock airboxs to break up the sound waves making most of induction/wastegate and engine noises becomes supressed. Hence why some cars use symp's to make induction sound through the speakers electronically or bring it into the cabin as that is what owners want.

A TMSR2 will amplify every induction, engine, component and vibration sound the car produces. Think of it like a big ear horn. The sound you speak of  is the actual sound of the turbo and dv working. The noise when beginning to accelerate is the turbo spooling up which many talk about as wastegate rattle on stock cars /stock airbox. It is normal for the wastgate to rattle on the ko3s. Many Audi, VW and Peugeot owners have mentioned wastegate rattle and it has no effect on the car, perfromance or anything else, its totally normal and even to this day all 208 GTi Peugeot's coming out of the factory have what is poorly labelled as wastegate rattle. It is endemic of the KO3s

Back to TMSR2 when coming off throttle  the sound is the dv/bov and wastgate all working normally. Both TMSR1 and TMSR2 have been in use for well over 100'000miles by owners. 4 are in competitive use. Amplification of induction is a by product of an intake kit and TMSR1 is actually louder than a TMSR2 due to design.

I myself have completed 10'000miles with a TMSR1 and been used competitvely 7 times. Some cars have had a TMSR1 running for 15months now. TMSR2's have been running on cars for 9months

Edited by Comkotes - 16 Jul 2017 at 6:56pm
284ps Stage 3-4
Project : The red thread
208 GTi performance parts www.comkotes-tuning.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic