FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Peugeot 208 forum! Please introduce yourself in our Newbies Forum, post anything about your order in the Order forum, or for general chat - use the Main Message Centre.

New member and thoughts on new car..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
smv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member and thoughts on new car..
    Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 8:30am
Hi Guys, 

I signed up on this forum to get to know about the 208 from the user community. I am planning to put an order for a 208 - 5door 1.2/110HP EAT6 Allure with panoramic roof and ice grey textured paint. I want the car for everyday city drive with some ability for highway drive and some spirited drive if needed. I know about the GTIs, but ruled them out bcz of the 2 door lack of practicality and manual gearbox. Im in  my mid 50s and always drove sporty european cars MSport versions, RSline versions and VWGTIS but I believe had enough. What do you think of the EAT6 with 110HP? I test drove one the other day in a dealer and liked its fluidity and power, but would like to know more from users who had it for a long time.. Any issues to be aware of?

Thnx in advance.

Sponsored Links

Kex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:21pm
Welcome to the forum, smv.

I wasn't a fan of my 1.2 engine personally, low end was lacking, but if it is adequate enough for you then go for it. They're good cars and you see issues with a few of them - but that happens with any make and model. 

I'd advise joining our Facebook group as the forum is rather inactive lately. It's easier to post on Facebook you're more likely to get replies to a question than on here.

Kex (James)

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige
Mazda MX5 NB 98 1.6 [J]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic