FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Peugeot 208 forum! Please introduce yourself in our Newbies Forum, post anything about your order in the Order forum, or for general chat - use the Main Message Centre.

Mysterious Dents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SallyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SallyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mysterious Dents
    Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:15pm
For the past three months strange dents have been appearing above the rear windows of my car, between the windows and the glass roof, that I didn't want. I now have four on the passenger side and two on the drivers side. No body seems to know what is causing them, although a friend who works in the automotive industry says that the glass roof hasn't been fitted properly and is going to fail some time soon. Budgen's of Shrewsbury have investigated, sent me to their bodyshop, twice, and filed a report with Peugeot. Peugeot dont want to know and wont pay for the repairs. My 208GTI Prestige is 18 months old and has less than 8000 miles on the clock. So people be warned, your warrenty isn't worth the paper that it is printed on. I now have to deal with Peugeot customer services direct, and if my telephone conversation of earlier today is anything to go by, god help me. If all else fails I will resort to a solicitor and legal action. I won't be buying another Peugeor, or Citroen, and I wish to holy hell that I hadn't bought this one. £20,000 wasted.
Sponsored Links

Genty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:25am
This sounds oddly familiar. Someone posted on here within the last few months with strange dents that appeared from no where.

Is the car under Peugeot finance? Surely with some professional written reports there is something that can be done?

Hope you get some sort of resolution. My wheels have slight corrosion and they pretty much told me to jog on. On a 16 plate prestige I was not happy. Where as some with 13 plate cars had theirs replaced under warranty.

kurosagi01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurosagi01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:28am
Most manufacturers whether it's cars or electronics are stubborn when it comes to granting warranty from my experience. They will take ages to give you response and if they do the work they will take ages to do it.
kimiraikkonen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimiraikkonen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:56pm
Could you PLEASE post some photos?

I immediately recalled the "dent" issue on pillar C of Civic FC5s.

Hope it's something fixable and different.
oxlee16uk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxlee16uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:11pm
Well I have a 2016 16reg 208 3door Allure. My car has developed over the past 6 months 3 strange dents that have appeared just below the rear window on the drivers side.

It started 6 month ago i noticed the first dent, not that small either, i did first think maybe someone had knocked a door onto that area( i guess that is possible). However there was no paint damage, chip or scratch. Then 2 weeks ago when i was cleaning the car i noticed two further dents all be it  a lot smaller than the first one. in the same location.

I am always careful where i park my car and is garaged when not in use so. I have seen a few reports of mystery dents appearing in different post on this forum, so it would appear the plot thickens.

The body work metal does seem very thin, when i attempted to remove some road tar from the bottom drivers door 2 weeks ago the door panel moved  with very little pressure, I'm sure its not just Peugeot, but it does seem thin. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic