FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Peugeot 208 forum! Please introduce yourself in our Newbies Forum, post anything about your order in the Order forum, or for general chat - use the Main Message Centre.

Headlight Adjustment for EU Travel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sillysod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sillysod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headlight Adjustment for EU Travel
    Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 5:11pm
Hi There,

I am planning a trip to europe next week and am having some trouble understanding what I need to do about my headlights.

Apparently some headlights can be adjusted by pulling a lever as oppose to using deflector stickers (I have purchased these but having trouble seeing where they need to be placed)

Just wondered if anyone knew if the adjustment was possible? I have a 208 1.4 diesel with Allure trim.

Thanks in advance,

Sponsored Links

Yellowbelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellowbelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 11:53pm
Hi, there is no option to adjust headlights by a switch or lever on the 208.  I went over to France/Belgium this summer in 208 and made same enquiry witrh our dealer.  The only solution is the headlight adjuster pads that you by for your headlights (eurolights)  Word of warning however, make sure you get the latets version otherwise you may have problems - I bought a set from AA as part of a euro driving kit to include the various items you need for driving in europe.  It was only when I came to fit them that the instructions did not appear to match up with the headlights on the car. (the 208 was on the list but the bulb type was wrong)  I ended up buying another set on the Ferry on the way over and these had a different set of instructions which gave the right bulb type and therefore gave the right positioning for the stickers.  They seemed to work well and beam was directed in the right place.  Not easy to get off cleanly afterwards though !  They left sticky marks which took some work to get completely removed.
DanD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 11:24am
Yep, they are a nightmare to clean off afterwards. I use nail varnhish remover or white spirit... and a lot of elbow grease.
Note that more and more new cars have a flat beam, i.e. one that does not "kick up" on the passenger side. In such cars, you do not need to do anything at all.
Don't go by what the euro driving kits tell you: stickers are available for my other car (Lexus RX), when in fact it does not need them - even though I got contradictory info from two dealers. Best way to check is to park your car facing a wall or garage door and to see whether or not the beam is flat.
Danny
208 1.4HDI Allure, 5 doors, Bianca White
Winchester, Hampshire
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic