FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Peugeot 208 forum! Please introduce yourself in our Newbies Forum, post anything about your order in the Order forum, or for general chat - use the Main Message Centre.

Front drivers seat recline won't lock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tony Williams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Front drivers seat recline won't lock
    Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 2:05pm
Okay guys I've had a 63 plate 208 GTI now since February. My front drivers seats recline has broken, the backrest freely moves back and forward without clicking back into place.

The bottom recliner handle is stuck and won't budge. The top latch that collapses the seat moves loosely.

It's really frustrating because it makes driving quite difficult. Its happened once before but it clicked back but this time it's been like this for a week now. I bought the car in February and got an extended two year warranty.

Sponsored Links

martin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 9:46am
got same issue and was sorted under warranty . replaced frame 
GTi Red arrow *Prestige* B14 ,Michelin PSS 225/35R18x8" TMSR1
pgmbmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgmbmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 8:30pm
My wife has a two door 2013 plate as well, had since June 2016, just after warranty ran out, numerous problems with passenger seat, thankfully straight away after purchase, so it was eventually sorted by garage. Very rarely have passengers but I vacuumed her car and moved the drivers seat for the first time and same as you and others the seat will not lock back into position, someone mentioned on this site it was a recall, I couldn't find an official recall and contacted Peugeot who have said said we will have to pay for repair and could apply for partial refund if found to be their fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Really, wondering if Watchdog could be interested Thumbs Up 
Tony Williams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:54am
That's terrible. I might see if the garage can do anything about it. What sort of seat frame do I need for it? Is it a standard 208 one or GTi specific?

Yeah I've still got the bleeding issue. Thanks.
hoagy_ytfc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoagy_ytfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 1:41pm
I had the same on a 14-plate 208, it seems to have been a common fault.

No probs so far with the current 16-plate car, touch wood.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic